Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"Taking The Heat"

I went to pbs on the web, which has the link "Taking the heat." This link has information about the movie " Taking the heat" which talked about four firefighter women in the U.S. Also, in this link there are some details about the four firefighter women. Their pictures and feeling sbout their jobs are under the link "In their own words." You can find some information about the filmmaker in this site. The site is organized very well.

I refused the idea for women to work this kind jobs before, but when I read their answers, I found out that I was wrong. It is hard for woman to be a firefighter, but it is not impossible. As I read in this site women can balance between work and their family. I don't mind if they want to work to help people or like this work, but not to act as a man. What is the problem if they like this job. If you like it you will do it, so women are free if they like this job they can get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home