Monday, December 11, 2006

Study Habits

School scores and grades are always depending on the students’ study habits. Students are care about their scores in class, so they should study hard. They need to make good study habits to success in their struggling. The study habit is the way that students follow or use in their studying. There is some study habits that make students get good scores. However there is a bad study habits which make some students not able to get what is he looking for. Royane Real in his article “How to Improve your Study Habits and Remember Better,” gives some advices for students. The one I think is the most important is, remember your goal for studying. Keeping your goal always in your mind will encourage you to do your best in studying. Students need to care in choosing the good friend for studying, so they able to be better in class.
I wanted to find out study habits of SIU International and American students. I am wondering exactly what the deference between female students and male students in how often they study per week. Also, I like to know the relationship between nationality and feeling bored in studying. I wanted to know if International students are study with group as much as American students
Actually I like to see students study habits in colloge. I think that female students study more than male students. I believe that International students will feel bored more than American students. Also, I think that International students study in group more than American students.

I and two of my classmates made a survey that had thirteen questions. Every one of us distributed eleven sheets among SIU students. We chose students because our topic must be about students. We tried to be sure that we would distribute it among the same number of International and American students. Also we tried to distribute it among the same number of female and male students.
In the results male study more female: seven out of seventeen males (41.1%) are study more than six hours a week, while five out of sixteen (31.2%) of females studied more than six hours a week. Thirteen out of twenty International students (65%) say that they feel bored after start studying, while seven out of thirteen (53%) of American students don’t feel bored in studying. Seventeen out of twenty (15%) International students like to study in group, and eleven out of thirteen (15.3%) of American students study like in group.
I was surprisied that male students were study more than women, especially for how often they study every week. I thought that women would study more than men, because I think they care more about studying. It was not surprising me that International students feel bored when they study more than American. International students usually miss their families so they keep thinking about them and that is will be one of the reasons that make them feel uncomfortable. It was interesting to me that the percentage of Americans and International students were almost the same in studying with group or alone.
If I tried to make this survey again, I need to make more copies of the survey and I will make sure that is the survey is more general. I would like also to ask other students from other universities around. Also, I will ask high school students to see how are they defer from collage students if there is any deference.
Reference:
Real, R. (2006). How to improve your study habits and remember better. from http://EzineArticles.com